The health of our clients and staff team is our priority. The approach of North East Law Centre is led by government and Public Health England guidance.
All of our solicitors and caseworkers are working, though most of our services are operating remotely. Appointments are taking place over telephone and video conference, and we have the infrastructure and expertise to offer a high quality fully remote service to all of our clients.
Where necessary, we are able to provide our services in person and will receive paperwork into the Law Centre by arrangement only (other than usual postal services). Please do not walk into the centre, contact our reception team by telephone first on 0191 230 4777 between 9.30am and 4.30pm. Our phone lines do get busy, please leave a message if you are unable to get through.
Health and Safety Information
If you have an appointment or intend to enter our office building, do not attend if:
- You have tested positive for Covid-19
- Someone you live with has tested positive for Covid-19
- You are self-isolating
- You’ve been asked to self-isolate following contact with someone who has tested positive
- You are experiencing symptoms of Covid-19
- You are self-isolating following travel abroad in accordance with travel rules
Our office is located in a shared building. We strongly urge you to please take a lateral flow test, wear a mask, use hand sanitiser and maintain good social distancing practices if you will be attending our office in order to protect yourself and others.
We operate the following telephone advice lines:
- Monday 10.00am – 1.00pm: Family Law
- Tuesday 10.00am – 12.00pm: Welfare Benefits
- Tuesday 1.00pm – 2.00pm: Education Law
- Wednesday 2.00pm – 4.00pm: Immigration Law
- Thursday 2.00pm – 4.00pm: Employment Law
You can also contact us via the ‘Contact Us’ form available on our website.