It is important that people understand their rights at work. We may be able to offer specialist Employment Law advice on a range of issues from unfair dismissal to redundancy.
Our Employment Law Service
We have a small team of Employment Law advisers who may be able to one-off advice on a range of employment issues, subject to capacity.
Issues we cover:
- Disputes over wages.
- Your rights when your employer changes.
- Settlement or compromise agreements and the draft/finalisation of them.
- Your rights if you have been made (or are about to be made) redundant.
- If you receive less favourable treatment in the workplace because of your race, religion, disability, gender, pregnancy etc.
- Your request for time off or flexible working has been refused.
- Your fixed term contract has ended but the job is still needed.
- You are facing disciplinary proceedings or have already been dismissed.
- Your job is at risk because of long term sickness, personal injury, or poor performance/capability.
- Employer is failing to act on your grievance or follow any standard disciplinary procedures.
- Agency and umbrella contract workers who have problems with contracts including holidays and overtime.
- Maternity rights.
- You want to make (or have already made) an Employment Tribunal claim.
- You face victimisation or harassment following something you did.
- Unfair dismissal - including constructive or wrongful dismissal.
- TUPE Transfer.
- Breach of Contracts.
Issues we aren't able to cover:
- We do not advise employers
Employment Law Advice Line
Our Employment Law advice line runs on a Thursday afternoon between 2:00pm and 4:00pm. This is available on 0191 230 4777.
*Please note that our advice lines do get busy and are subject to capacity.