Family Law issues are often multi-faceted and complex, requiring specialist advice. We believe it is important that families understand their rights and may be able to offer free advice in this area.
Our Family Law Service
We may be able to offer free advice and assistance in relation to the following areas:
- Children matters relating to separation
- Domestic violence
- S.8 Orders (CAO, SIO & PSO): Enforcement and variation of CAOs
- Parental Responsibility and Rights
- Non-Molestation Order
- Occupation Order
- Enforcement Orders
- Domestic Abuse
The above list is not exhaustive; if your query does not relate to any of the above, we still encourage you to call us so that we can advise accordingly, though there are some issues we aren't able to cover.
Issues we aren't able to cover:
- Public Law Children’s:
- Emergency Protection Orders
- Care and Supervision Orders, Foster Care advice
- Adoption Law
- Special Guardianship Orders
- Mortgage related queries
- Disputes over assets or finances
- Child Maintenance contributions
- Financial advice for foster carers
- Cohabitation agreements
- Separation agreement
We’re unable to discuss figures on financial settlements due to insurance restrictions.
Family Law Projects
We have a small number of projects that may be able to offer support in this area, please follow the links below to find out more:
Family Law Advice Line
Our Family Law Advice Line runs on a Monday morning between 10:00am and 1:00pm. It is available on 0191 230 4777.
*Please note that our advice lines do get busy and are subject to capacity.